Tuesday, February 26, 2013

~Seasons of Spiritual Growth~

Daniel 2:21 and He changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings and setteth up kings, he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge unto them that know understanding.

The bible teaches that God moves in and brings us through seasons. During these we usually experience different things in life whether it be circumstance changes, trials, mountains, pain, heartache, joy, loss, gain, ect. During these things I believe God's intentions is for us to become more and more like him. This is so important to our spiritual walk because it is up to us to make sure we are surrendered and willing to be taught by the holy spirit to recieve what God has for us during whatever season we may be in!

As a stay at home mom I sometimes become a little frazzled, overwhelmed, and stir crazy at times (Im sure I am not alone:) But during these times at home I know God has important things for me here, whether it be writing, cleaning, reading, praying, spending time with my kids, preparing our meals, or just talking to a friend on the phone. To me this is a season, but in that season lately I have noticed that the actual physical 'weather' season has played a toll on me this year. Being at home I can easily get lazy at times and want to spend nap time with the kids actually taking a nap! or I can put off cleaning until they take a nap and do it then. The problem is the fact that I am not taking all my available time possible and using it for God's glory. Whether it be prayer, writings, studying, ect. So many times I waste precious time God has given me and I truly notice that it is more in the winter for some reason!
I believe that in my personal life that Satan uses this season because of the financial strain on this time of year after and around Christmas, the circumstances (being my kids and I are stuck inside when its cold), and just the whole 'winter blues' everyone talks about. But I'm writing this today to announce that he has been caught in his attempts to get me down! LOL

Knowing what the enemies schemes and plans are is such a great gift the Holy Spirit gives us!!!

2 Corinthians 2:11 In order that satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.

Knowing that God works in seasons, and that his desire is for us to grow and bear fruit. Search your life today I'm sure that some of you reading this have a specific 'weather season' that gets you down, and makes your spiritual connection harder to keep up. For most of you it's probably winter. Well today instead of just considering it 'winter blues' or just a normal way of life, I challenge you to stand up a worship the Lord with all you have and get in your word and make satan eat what he has been throwing out for you! Make it a ritual that when this season that gets you down comes around again that you press through with such a determination that the enemy is afraid to even attempt to depress, mess, or disrupt you in that time!
 Make that 'weather season' a new spiritual season of growth and maturity in God!!!!

extra reading Ecclesiastes 3:1-22
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

No comments:

Post a Comment