Monday, February 25, 2013

Speak with a holy life in mind

For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a Holy life. 1 Thesselonians 4:7 Do you ever find yourself in a situation where you say or do something that you had no intentions of harm but you were convicted for it? This morning I was on the phone with a friend and I remembered a funny story my husband shared with me. I felt like I shouldn’t say anything about it when I started the story but I had already began talking so I kept on. It really wasn’t something terrible or what you would call ‘bad’. And actually it wasn’t meant to tear this person down. BUT after I spoke it the holy spirit showed me that when words are spoken that are not edifying or building each other up that even if we are not being spiteful or trying to put others down they shouldn’t be spoken for several reasons. 1. Its gossip. 2. If the person you were speaking about was to find out you repeated this they may not think anything BUT what if they were convicted for it already?? How would they feel knowing that something they done was being spread around after they had asked forgiveness! 3. How can we live a holy life when we let our tongue out run the holy spirit? God has called us to live a holy life! DO YOU? 1. Do you feel your daily life consists of spoken words that God would consider a holy life? 2. Do you want to take action to control what comes out of your mouth? Challenge! 1. Make sure no unwholesome talk comes from our mouth today 2. The words of the wise are few the words of the fool are many. Make sure we use the least words as possible to get through each day to tame the tongue! HOW? Listen to the nudge of the holy spirit throughout the day to keep ourselves holy, afterall he is our helper! having a pure heart begins with paying close attention to our thoughts, because our thoughts become our words, our emotions, our attitudes, and our motives!- Joyce Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment