Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Let us REJOICE and MOURN with our brothers & sisters!

As Christians it is our job according to scripture to be what our brothers or sisters in Christ need. I had three specific incidents today that reminded me so much of the scripture Im basing this post on. Two of them were phone calls one with great news and one with very sad. As I was talking to them I was reminded to be very sensitive to their needs. ( not saying I did it very well, but I tried and I count it A+ for just being able to hear the spirit speak when I have all my opinions or thoughts raging to let out to them!lol) I felt like I needed to write on this because I am sure I am not the only person in the world that becomes a little self-centered at times,even when it may seem like we are just offering advice or trying to relate to that person or event, sometimes I believe when need to completely cast our own thoughts and opinions aside and focus directly on what or who you are dealing with. God has given us a mission, that is to spread the gospel as Jesus did and love and show compassion to all. I don't think he would be pleased with us knowing that we were called by a friend that needed us to show compassion for a loss of a family member or to rejoice for wonderful news and all we wanted to do was somehow relate their problems or good news to our life. I truly believe sometimes God uses these moments in our lives just to test our compassion and ability to minister to others as Christ ministers to us. If that were so how many times would we to fail because we are centered on some silly opinion that we thought up with our own mind! I would way rather lend an ear, Speak Gods word to minister, and or pray with them for strength or thanksgiving for whatever the good news is! Sometimes people just need us to Rejoice with them or Mourn with them!

Romans 12:15  Rejoice with those who rejoice, mourn with those who mourn.

No comments:

Post a Comment