Friday, March 1, 2013

When we lose sight of why we are here...

Isaiah 43:7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him. There are many variations of people on earth. Young,old, mothers, fathers, grandparents, siblings, and the list could go on and on. Of all these different groups of people I believe each and every person at some time in their life questions what they were meant for. What their purpose is and usually it's when things aren't going the way we think they should. Do you ever sit and get depressed thinking, what I am here for? Is this all life has for me? Is this what I am gonna be doing forever? I DO! I think this is a way Satan comes in to make us become self-centered. If we are absolutely the most boring, no excitement at all christian there is we have still a reason for exsisting and it has NOTHING to do with us! Wow! what a thought!! haha We aren't here to gain careers, or make money, or go to school, or have spouses, or make friends??? No, acutually we were not made especially for that! Yes, God blesses us with all these things but really we were made for his glory, for his pleasure! That is sometimes far from our minds when we think about things we aren't getting our way or looking back in life and thinking about what we could have, or should have done differently. Truth is God knew every step, every breath, and every mistake, even down to every hair on your head before you were concieved. So today I am challenging myself, and ask you to do the same. Look outside your self-pity circle, or list of things you feel you have to acheive and just thank God he created you and thank him for ALLOWING you to have those blessings that we sometimes make into curses because we put them before our primary purpose of being! Have a blessed day and give thanks bc it's not about us, IT'S ABOUT HIM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment